Our Photo Contest
Richard and I would like to thank everyone who participated in our photo contest. We were thrilled by the photos that were submitted and we're so happy that we did not have to make the final selections, it was so difficult. Below are the winners.
People's Choice: 1st Place
We had the photos on display at the gardens during the Scarecrow Festival and gave people a chance to vote on their favorites. The People's Choice Award went to Gabrielle Delaney for "Piper tries her wings." Gabrielle will receive a Family Season Pass to Tizer Gardens for 2012.
People's Choice: 2nd Place
Second place for Peoples Choice was Jeffery Krott for "Garter Snake in the Tree."
Judged Category: 3rd Place
Third place in the Judged category was Nolan Bauer for his photo called "Bird Bath." Nolan will receive: a scrapbooking class with Carmen from Carmen's Corner in Boulder and $20 in scrapbooking supplies, as well as a Family Season Pass to Tizer Gardens 2012 season.
Judged Category: 2nd Place
Second place in the Judged category was Anaka Ferne for her photo titled "Fuzzy Flowers." Ana wins a beautiful set of binoculars from Birds and Beasley and a book titled "Birds of the Rocky Mountains"" as well as a Family Season Pass to Tizer Gardens 2012 Season.
Judged Category: 1st Place
The Grand Prize winner was Jane Raudabaugh for her photo called "An Oasis." Jane wins a wonderful Panasonic Lumix FZ35 camera from Tizer Gardens, 3 hours of private photography lessons with Kenton Rowe of Kenton Rowe Photography, a gift certificate from Ben Franklins to frame that lovely photo and a Family Season Pass to Tizer Gardens 2012 season.
This was our first photo contest and although there were some glitches, the content was outstanding. We are planning to use some of these wonderful photos for postcards or calendars in the new year. We hope that you'll consider entering next year and we promise to get the glitches ironed out.
Our rules for the contest:
- Photos must be taken in Tizer Botanic Gardens & Arboretum.
- Limit 5 photos per person per contest.
- People (if any) in photo should be identified.
- By entering a photograph in the contest you understand that Tizer Botanic Gardens & Arboretum reserves the right to use all photos submitted. If photos are used, the owner will be notified and photographer credits will be given, although compensation may not be.
- Peronsal information you enter for the contest (name, email address, etc.) will only be used to notify you if you are selected as a winner. We respect your privacy and will not sell or otherwise use your personal information.
We'd like to extend a huge thanks to our sponsors:
Birds & Beasleys
Kenton Rowe Photography